Sarah C. Collins Esquire
Sarah C. Collins Esquire
Sarah Collins focuses her practice on family law, helping clients through divorce, custody, visitation, child support, spousal support, and protective order matters. She joined The Manassas Law Group in October 2017 and became a partner in June 2019. Her two dogs, Sawyer and Finn, are the official greeters at the office.
Sarah’s philosophy and approach to family law is to help clients move forward and reach a resolution. While she enjoys being in the courtroom and advocating for clients, she is mindful that going to court can cause further rifts between people, damage relationships, and negatively impact the likelihood of long-term peace. Family law issues tend to be highly emotional, and while the events that led a client to seek out a family law attorney are important, Sarah has found that it is more productive to focus on the future rather than on the past. Sarah treats her clients with empathy, respect, and compassion, and have a straight-forward approach.
Sarah is licensed to practice in all courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and has represented clients in Prince William County, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Loudoun County, Stafford County, and Culpeper County. She is a member of the Prince William County Bar Association and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
Sarah attended George Mason University School of Law and graduated with a Juris Doctor cum laude in 2013. She graduated from the University of Michigan in 2009 with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy and minors in German and Program in the Environment.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Property/Marital Settlement Agreements
- Traffic Offenses
- Misdemeanor Offenses
- Felony Offenses
- Virginia, 2013
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- J.D. cum laude – 2013
- University of Michigan
- B.A. – 2009
- Major: Public Policy
- Minor: German, Program in the Environment
Honors and Awards
- 2017 Significant Service Award, given by the Young Lawyers Conference of the Virginia State Bar
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Prince William County Bar Association Young Lawyers Group, Co-Chair
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference, Domestic Violence Safety Project Co-Chair
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Lon E. Farris, Prince William County Circuit Court, Judicial Law Clerk, 2013 – 2015