Manassas Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Attorneys in Manassas, VA
Helping People In Manassas, Prince William County, and Surrounding Areas Receive Fair Compensation
If you or a loved one is dealing with the aftermath of a car wreck, workplace incident, or any other type of accident involving negligence, working with a lawyer might seem like just another hassle. Why bother finding a law firm when you already have to deal with hospitals, insurance companies, and never-ending paperwork?
This is exactly what insurance companies hope you will think. They have a vested interest in getting cases settled as quickly (and for as little money) as possible, and they count on people settling for far less than what their claims are worth. They count on the fact that injured victims are just ready to get things over with and obtain at least a little bit of money to pay off the hospital bills.
So again, why bother with attorneys when you’re already dealing with mounting medical bills, a nagging insurance company, and piles of paperwork? Well, the answer is right there in the question. There are huge advantages to seeking qualified legal help with your personal injury claim, including NOT having to deal with all of these things yourself. At The Manassas Law Group, we can handle every aspect of your or your loved one’s case. Managing medical care can be a full-time job, and at our firm, our attorneys take on the legal work of getting insurers to pay their fair share and obtaining the compensation you need to recover.
If you’ve been the victim of an accident caused by another person’s negligence, you have legal options available to you. Our Manassas personal injury lawyers are dedicated to pursuing justice for you and obtaining compensation for your injuries. For a free consultation with one of our attorneys, call the Manassas Law Group at 703-361-8246 today.
Handling A Wide Range Of Personal Injury Claims In Manassas, VA
There are countless ways for negligence to result in serious, sometimes even permanent injuries, and at The Manassas Law Group, we’ve handled personal injury cases of all shapes and sizes. From broken bones to traumatic brain injuries, we’ve seen it all, and we handle every case with the same personal attention, determination, and care.
Some of the more common types of personal injury cases we take on at MLG include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Accidents involving motor vehicles are perhaps the most common types of personal injury claims we see. This can include anything from a car crash to a semi-truck accident, motorcycle accident, or even bicycle and boat accidents. Our Manassas car accident lawyers are prepared to help you file a car accident claim in court to recoup damages arising from the incident, no matter the vehicle involved or injuries sustained.
- Pedestrian Accidents: When a negligent vehicle operator fails to pay attention to their surroundings, devastation can occur. This is especially true in more urban areas with high volumes of foot traffic. Pedestrian accidents often lead to serious catastrophic injuries, including paralysis, amputation, and traumatic brain injury. Injured victims deserve maximum compensation for the losses associated with their pedestrian accidents, and we are here to make sure that happens.
- Premises Liability: All property owners owe a certain duty of care to others who may step onto their premises. This includes things like making sure there are no open, obvious hazards, such as a puddle someone might slip in or an easily accessible pool someone might drown in. When property owners fail to obey this duty and someone suffers injuries as a result, the injured victim and/or their family may choose to file a premises liability claim against the negligent party.
- Product Liability: When defective products cause harm to consumers, there is a long list of parties who might be to blame. In many cases, there are even multiple at-fault parties at once. A personal injury attorney from Manassas Law Group can help make sure every entity that played a role in your or your loved one’s injuries is held accountable.
- Workplace Injuries: If an employee gets injured on the job, whether they are in construction work or have a desk job, employers have a duty to compensate them for lost wages and insure medical benefits for any injuries sustained on the clock. The same goes for any illnesses obtained on the job. This is what is known as workers’ compensation. Our Manassas, VA attorneys know what it takes to protect a Virginia worker’s benefits and rights in instances of workplace injury.
- Wrongful Death: What’s even harder than being seriously injured by a negligent person is losing a loved one because of it. If another person caused the death of a family member, our Virginia wrongful death lawyers at MLG are determined to help you obtain justice by holding them accountable and ensuring you are appropriately compensated for the devastating losses they’ve caused.
Whether you were involved in a motor vehicle accident or think you have a product liability claim, the personal injury attorneys at Manassas Law Group can help determine your rights under the law.
Personal Injury Law FAQs
How Do I Know if I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Just because a person was injured doesn’t automatically qualify them for a personal injury lawsuit. In order to file a claim for compensation following an accident, another party’s negligence must be proven. For example, if someone ran a red light because they were looking at their cell phone and ended up slamming into the side of your vehicle, this would certainly be a means for recovering damages through a personal injury lawsuit. In this case, an injury lawyer from our firm would work to prove negligence on behalf of the at-fault party and make certain that the insurance coverage provided is enough to help you make a full recovery – physically, mentally, and financially.
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Personal Injury Case?
Many injured victims assume the most cost-effective solution is to take on a claim themselves. That way, they won’t have to pay attorney fees on top of everything else. However, studies prove that plaintiffs actually receive over three times the compensation for their case when equipping the help of an experienced lawyer as opposed to doing it on their own.
When you have someone with in-depth legal knowledge, a personal injury law degree, and actual trial experience on your side, it makes all the difference in the outcome of your case. Whether you plan to settle with the insurance company or take your case all the way to trial, an experienced personal injury attorney can make sure you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
How Long Do I Have To File My Personal Injury Claim?
Every state sets its own statute of limitations for how long a plaintiff has to file a personal injury claim in civil court. Under Virginia’s statute of limitations, most personal injury cases must be brought within two years of the date of the injury (Virginia Code § 8.01-243). The allotted timeframe may change in certain cases, such as medical malpractice claims and injuries to infants, but two years is the typical amount of time for victims to bring a claim.
What Damages Can I Recover Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Immediate medical expenses are usually the first thing our clients think about, but in cases involving serious injury, other types of compensation might be available. Our team of attorneys will collect medical records and detailed evidence to ensure every loss you’ve experienced is accounted for in your settlement or award. Some of the more common types of damages we seek on our clients’ behalf include:
- Medical bills, including future medical expenses related to the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy costs
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- And more
Insurance companies are especially hesitant to pay out for certain types of compensation like pain and suffering. That’s what makes aggressive, experienced legal help even more important.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in a Personal Injury Claim if I Shared Fault?
Just as states are responsible for setting their own legislation regarding time limitations on personal injury cases, they are also responsible for their own fault system. The state of Virginia follows a traditional “at-fault” system, which means that only the person who did not contribute any fault to the accident may bring a claim and win compensation for their injuries.
In some states, the amount of the award may be modified depending on the percentage of fault assigned to either claimant. In states like Virginia, where 100% fault must fall on one person alone, it is all the more important to have a skilled personal injury lawyer fighting to prove the other party’s negligence.
How Long Does the Personal Injury Claim Process Take?
The timeline of a personal injury claim can range anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. The truth is, it simply depends on the type of case and the extent of the injuries. For example, a case involving traumatic brain injuries will likely take much longer to reach a conclusion than one involving whiplash. This is because it often takes time to see the true extent of injuries and what would be appropriate compensation considering those findings.
Many personal injury cases actually settle before reaching trial, but if a proper settlement cannot be reached, our trial lawyers are more than prepared to take your case to court and fight for your right to fair compensation there.
Can I File a Personal Injury Claim on Behalf of a Loved One?
Sometimes personal injury victims are unable to file a claim for themselves. For example, they may still be a child or they became incapacitated by the injury. In some more tragic cases, the victims may have even died as a result of their injuries. In these types of cases, a family member may be able to file a claim on their loved one’s behalf.
At Manassas Law Group, our team of lawyers represents victims and their families in both personal injury claims and wrongful death cases throughout Virginia. If you lost a loved one in an accident caused by negligence, or if your loved one is unable to file for themselves, we can help you evaluate your legal options.
Free Case Review With an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Manassas, VA
If you or someone you love was injured at the hands of another, we encourage you to speak with the qualified Manassas personal injury lawyers at MLG as soon as possible to identify your legal needs and begin developing a legal strategy.
You don’t have to be located in Manassas, VA to work with the lawyers at The Manassas Law Group. Our team is proud to serve clients throughout Prince William County, Northern Virginia, and beyond! We also regularly take cases in Fairfax County, Arlington County, Fauquier County, and all their surrounding communities. As members of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, the personal injury attorneys at our firm are able to handle these types civil cases (as well as cases involving family law, criminal law, bankruptcy, and other related practice areas) all across the state, so give us a call wherever you are and for whatever you need.
Our Manassas personal injury lawyers are known for our exceptional results. Just take a look at our Manassas Law Group reviews! To contact our firm for a free consultation or to establish an attorney-client relationship today, call 703-361-8246 or reach out to us online.